☀ Summer tips ☀ This week we are expecting tropical temperatures! It can be as high as 40 degrees 🌡🔥 No idea what to do with your (babysitter) kids? Our Topsitters have listed some refreshing tips for you;
- Cooling off at the beach at Aloha – Wijk aan Zee or at any of the other beach clubs. In Wijk aan Zee, parking is free!
- Would you rather dive into a swimming pool? At the Mirandabad, Sloterparkbad or the Flevoparkbad in Amsterdam one can indulge , but you can also go to the Meerkamp in Amstelveen or the Amstelbad in Ouderkerk aan de Amstel, also here the children can play to their heart’s content.
- Enjoy nature in a child friendly environment? You can do that at the Ouderkerkerplas. The Amsterdamse bos also has many attractions where young and older kids can have fun. There is the Grote Speelvijver and two children’s pools for toddlers and toddlers. Can the little ones already swim? Then rent a canoe! For the toddlers you can rent a boat at Mini Captain and with the slightly bigger kids you can play supper!
- Would you rather stay in the centre of Amsterdam? The Vondelpark, the Beatrixpark (south), the Oosterpark and the Westerpark also have fine children’s pools. Children in Noord have a nice bath at their disposal during the hot days. The neighbourhood pool on the Plejadenplein in Tuindorp Oostzaan is a spacious pool that is managed by the Noorderparkbad. And also at the Eagle Road (Noorderpark) is a fairly large pool for water fun. If you live or work in Amsterdam South – East, you can go to the Gaasperpark with the children. There is also a water playground here.
- Kids love fountains, you can take them to the Stadshart in Amstelveen where they can have fun in and around the fountain. Aan de Amstelveen Poel, at Poel’s Up you can go for a snack, a drink and a dip in the pool. You can also use go supping!
Have fun and don’t forget to bring your sunscreen and water supply 🌞