We have listed a number of tips to do with the family, indoors as well as outdoors. Read our Spring Break indoor and outdoor To Do Tips!
The first official holiday for children in The Netherlands this year is kicking off soon. Children in the North of our country are celebrating ‘Krokus Vakantie’ (Spring Break) from February 15 to February 23. Dutch people usually use this time to go in a wintersport vacation. If you choose to stay home during Spring Break or if you are a nanny and taking care of children during this period and would like to do something active or educational, Read our Spring Break indoor and outdoor To Do Tips!
- Plastic monsters, a winged lion and many more interesting facts can be found in the Bali – Behind the scenes exhibition. Learn a Balinese dance this school holiday and make a sample from the Plastic Soup packaging yourself at the Tropenmuseum!
- There is plenty to do at NEMO during the spring break. From February 15 to March 1, 2020 you can enjoy extra workshops and demonstrations. NEMO is also open on Mondays during the holidays.
- Come to Het Scheepvaartmuseum this spring holiday and participate in extra activities in the theme ‘Look differently’!
- Visit the Muiderslot with kids during spring break. Spending the winter in a castle appeals to the imagination. In fairy tale books it always looks beautiful. You can see and hear that the reality was sometimes quite different during Winter Castle or join a Paint workshop in the castle.
- Going to the theater is always a good idea! The De La Mar theater in Amsterdam has a special program for children of all ages during spring break, check out their program.
- Visit the Amstelveens Puppet theater during spring break, they have serval shows that are worth a visit.
- Sprookjes (fairytales) in de Krokus During the spring break, it is time again for this annual youth festival in the Amsterdam Pijp. With enchanting theater, film, parties and workshops for children from 2 to 12 years old. Check the site of IAmsterdam for more events in Amsterdam.
- Are you and the kids more into active sports? Whether you are an advanced climber or are just starting out: the Klimhal Amsterdam is the perfect place to develop further. The hall has different climbing walls with routes of different levels, spread over 3300 m2 of climbing surface. There is even a special hall with only bollard routes.
- If it’s a rainy day during Spring Break and still like to do something active, visit Power Zone Amsterdam for a glow in the dark miniature golf! Are you also coming to play mini golf? Imagine an afternoon in a world of Michiel de Ruyter, piracy and villains.
- The indoor playground for ages from 1 till 12 Chimpie Champ can be found in Aalsmeer. They also have an indoor Glow in the Dark midgetgolf course.
- If the weather outside is nice, there is the Amstelpark with an outdoor midget golf course.
- The Jaap Eden ice skating track is open for some real ice-skating fun. Afterward you can warm yourself up with a nice hot chocolate and whipped cream at the cafe. There is also an indoor skating rink.
- Europe’s biggest outdoor Kids Play paradise; de Linnaeushof can be found in the tulip area of Holland in Lisse and guaranteed for lots of fun for kids.
- At het Amsterdamse Bos an activity is planned for every single day; Jurassic Park or go into the forest with ‘Gruffalo’ on Wednesday afternoon, 19 February. Get adventurous and climb outdoor at Fun Forest and much more.
- OERRR is the kids department of ‘Natuurmonumenten‘. Have you ever visited their s’ Graveland visitors centre with their beautiful natural playground and cafe? In the forest, surrounded by a beautiful mansion dating from the Golden Century, children can do various treasure hunts based on their interest and age. For special events and dates check : https://bit.ly/2IykVXZ
- There are several ‘Kinderboerderijen’ in the Amsterdam Area. You can visit the Goat farm (Geitenboerderij) at the Amsterdamse Bos or visit de Werf in Amsterdam for instance; https://www.kinderboerderij-de-werf.nl/home
- Between Amstelveen and Ouderkerk aan de Amstel you can find the Kinder -en Speelboerderij Elsenhove which is worth a visit too.
- One of our favorite places and forest is de ‘Hooge Vuursche’ near Hilversum. The cafe ‘Buiten in de Kuil’ serves a great lunch and cakes. Kids can play outside, balance on the slackline, run down the hill or roast marshmallows at the campfire.
- Artis ZOO has several activities during the year, for example with a tour or an exciting space trip in the Planetarium. Every day there are other activities on the agenda; https://www.artis.nl/nl/te-doen-artis/dagagenda-activiteiten/
Topsitters wishes you and your children a sunny and lovely Spring Break! We hope you read our Spring Break To Do Tips!
Topsitters, teaching children skills!